Head of Department's Profile
Dr. Ajayi, Lawrence Boboye
Ajayi, Lawrence Boboye attended St. Marks Anglican Primary School, Ise-Ekiti (1970-1976), Ise Comprehensive High School, Ise-Ekiti (1978-1983) and Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti where he obtained National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business Administration and Management (1984-1986/1988-1990) respectively.
He later proceeded to Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti (now Ekiti State University), Ado-Ekiti (1995-1998) for the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Banking and Finance with Second Class (Hons) Upper Division and Master in Business Administration (1999-2000). In his quest for knowledge, he proceeded to the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos where he obtained his Master of Science (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degrees in Finance between 2004 and 2014 respectively.
Ajayi, Lawrence Boboye academic career started in Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti where he rose through the ranks from Graduate Assistant (2000) to Senior Lecturer (2015). He is currently the acting Head of Department of Finance. His research interest has been on Corporate Finance, International Finance, Management of Financial Institutions and Public Finance. He has over (50) papers published in reputable peer review national and international journals, he has authored five (5) academic textbooks and co-authored two (2). Dr Ajayi has mentored and supervised several postgraduate students, among these are: five (5) M.Sc.; four (4) PGDFM and four (4) Ph.D work.
The Acting Head of Department is a fellow of the Nigerian Society for Financial Research (NSFR); a fellow and receipient of Pillars of Nation Building of Strategic Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development (SINRHD), Faculty of Management Science Best Poster Award, Maiden EKSU Research Fair, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, 2012 and Academic Noble International Award of Institute of Industrial Administration of Nigeria (IIA) in 2014.
Dr. Ajayi holds a traditional chieftaincy titled High Chief Irasogun Oloja-Umafon (Head Oloja-Umafon family) in Ise-Ekiti, Ekiti State Nigeria. He is a member of Arinjale in Council as well as a member of Ise/Orun local Government Traditional Council.
Service within the University with dates:
- Level Coordinator, Banking and Finance 1998/2004 set.
- Member ASUU UNAD Examination Task Force 2000 – 2004.
- Examination Coordinator, Department of Banking and Finance 2001/2002 session
- Secretary, Department of Banking and Finance Academic Staff 2006-2008.
- Faculty of Management Sciences Coordinator, GST Programmes 2006- 2014.
- Representative of Faculty of Management Sciences in Faculty of Engineering 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 sessions, and 2014/2015 academic sessions.
- Class Supervisor 3 of 4 and 4 of 5 Banking and Finance Department Part-Time Programme, UNAD 2005/2006 – 2007/2008 sessions.
- Class Supervisor 3 of 5 and 2 of 4 of Banking and Finance Department Part-Time Programme, UNAD 2008/2009 – 2011/2012 sessions.
- Level Coordinator 2004/2005 – 2007/2008 sessions. Banking and Finance Department 2004/2005 Full- Time set.
- Co-ordinator, Department of Banking and Finance 2008/2009 Academic Session.
- Member Faculty of Management Science Examination Malpractices/Disciplinary Committee 2009/2010.
- Faculty of Management GST Co-ordinator, 2012/2013 and 2013/2014.
- Representative of Faculty of Management Sciences in Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. Environmental Task Force 2014-2016.
- Co-ordinator Banking and Finance Postgraduate Programme 2014-2016.
- Congregation Representative of the Faculty of Management Sciences in Senate 2016-2019.
- Member, EKSU Course Materials Review Committee. 30th May, 2017-2018.
- Assistant Director, Directorate of General Studies. August 2016 to July 2018
- Chairman, Faculty Examination Misconduct Committee, Faculty of Management Sciences, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. August, 2018 to July, 2019.
- Ex-offico, EKSU SCMS LTD. April 2017 to 2019
- Member, Budget Committee Ekiti State University. August 2019 to date.
- Acting, Head of Department of Finance, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. 1st August, 2019 to date.
- Member, Business Committee of Senate, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. September 2019 to date.
- Member, EKSU-ASUU Committee on Disengagement of ASUU members.
- Member, University Senate (2017-to date)
Dr. Ajayi is happily married and blessed with children.